The new 2017 Toyota Yaris builds on the success of our acclaimed supermini, which last year secured over 208,000 sales and more than 6.5% market share in Western Europe. This marked a new highpoint in the model’s three-generation history.
The £76 million Europe-led development project sees the introduction of more than 900 new parts – changes that will be adopted globally for the first time. What are some of these changes? Highlighting just 10 of these will help you understand why we think the 2017 Toyota Yaris is the best yet.
1. New frontal design delivers a dynamic ‘catamaran’ effect…
2. … as well as a broader, more secure stance that is also echoed at the rear
3. Broader choice of interior finish options include colour co-ordinated detailing
4. It’s the only model in its segment available with a petrol-electric hybrid powertrain
5. All versions apart from entry-level Active grade feature a colour TFT multi-information display in the instrument binnacle
6. The new 1.5-litre engine is 10% more powerful than the outgoing 1.33 yet offers 12% better fuel economy
7. It offers a quieter and more comfortable ride without sacrificing handling performance
8. All versions of new Yaris are equipped with Toyota Safety Sense active safety systems as standard
9. The new grade structure targets distinct qualities, from value for money to contemporary style
10. The range will soon be extended to include the high-performance Yaris GRMN, inspired by Toyota’s return to the WRC